Noone has posted any comments here yet, why not be the first?
Misc - DIY Safety
DIY can be fun and rewarding but accident happen all too often when people don’t take sensible precautions. Here are just a few things to keep you out of A&E.
- Many reported DIY accidents involve ladders. Always check your ladder is in good working condition before climbing. Follow the manufacturers instruction, and never lean to the side when on a ladder. Work with a buddy who can hold the base of the ladder, this is especially important when working on unsteady ground.
- Use eye protection, gloves and facemask when doing any jobs involving sawing, working with glass or using spray paint.
- When using paints or solvents, make sure there is plenty of ventilation.
- Avoid wearing loose clothing or jewellery when using power tools.
- When carrying out electrical repairs, always make sure the main power is switched off and double check any wires with a working voltage meter before continuing your repair.
- Always meticulously plan your project before you begin, know when a job is too big for you and, if in any doubt, get the professionals in.
Got a subject you want us to cover? Ask Bubsy!