Noone has posted any comments here yet, why not be the first?
Plumbing - Fixing an airlock in the tap
- If a tap, usually the hot tap, splutters and eventually stops working, you likely have an airlock in the pipe.
- To clear the airlock, attach a hosepipe with a tap attachment to an outside or cold kitchen tap, or any other mains fed tap.
- Attach the other end of the hosepipe to the spluttering tap. Make sure the pipe attachments are connected securely.
- First turn on the faulty tap, then the other tap and leave to run for about 20 seconds. This should push the airlock out of the system.
- Remove the hose and test the tap.
Got a subject you want us to cover? Ask Bubsy!