Noone has posted any comments here yet, why not be the first?
Woodwork - Putting up shelves
- Mark the wall where you want the bottom of the shelf to be. Draw a straight line along from this line where you want the shelf to be with a spirit level.
- Hold one bracket up to your first mark and make sure it is vertical by using a spirit level. Mark the position of the holes in the bracket on the wall with a pencil. Do the same to fix the next bracket. If using more than two brackets fix the outer brackets first and tie string from one to other. Now there is an exact line with which to line up any further brackets.
- Drill holes about 1 and a half inches into the wall and your bracket attachment points. Use a masonry drill bit if needed.
- Insert the plugs (unless working with a wooden wall) and screw the brackets into the wall until secure.
- Lay your shelf along the brackets and mark it through the holes in the bracket with pencil. Drill pilot holes at these marks, being careful not to drill through to the other side.
- Screw the shelf to the brackets until secure.
Got a subject you want us to cover? Ask Bubsy!